Are you searching for a hosting company and considering HostGator? HostGator, a major player in the hosting sector, offers competitive pricing, smart marketing, and several guarantees that will elevate your website beyond the competition.
Therefore, if you’re searching for a summary, it’s best to keep reading such a best hosting HostGator review because it discusses the provider’s pricing, usability, reliability, security, customer service, and more.
Please continue reading to learn whether HostGator is a trustworthy host worth your consideration and money.
HostGator was established in 2002 and soon became one of the leading hosting providers worldwide. It is a division of Endurance International Group and provides a broad range of web hosting options to a sizable international audience.
The enormous rise may be attributed to their fantastic shared hosting packages, dependable web hosting, and first-rate customer support.
With over 10 million domains hosted, it has its primary office in Houston, Texas. All enterprises are catered to by their staff, who provide 24-hour assistance.
Pros and Cons of HostGator
Each hosting provider has advantages and disadvantages, just like every other good or service. Here are HostGator’s benefits and drawbacks:
- Reliable Hosting: HostGator promises a 99.99 percent uptime rate. If your downtime is less, you will receive a one-month credit back on your account.
- Extensive Money-Back Guarantee: the 45-day money-back guarantee is provided by HostGator. Usually, web hosting providers don’t extend their money-back guarantees past 30 days.
- Adjustable Billing Cycles: you can choose monthly or annual billing cycles. The largest savings are available to you with longer billing cycles.
- Free Migration: all new accounts at HostGator come with a free migration service. Within the first 30 days of joining up, their knowledgeable team will move your website from your current host at no additional cost.
- More Expensive Monthly Fees: unlike annual plans, monthly prices are significantly higher. Because they have a 45-day money-back guarantee, you can purchase HostGator yearly plans at a lesser price.
- Obstinate Upselling: additional capabilities and services like automated backups might be available. If you are not immediately in need of them, ensure they are unchecked. When necessary, you can always add them afterward.
What would you do if you signed up for a host and discovered that your website was excruciatingly slow and frequently went away?
You would have to switch plans, which would be more expensive and annoying.
Because of this, you should pick a web hosting company with a reputation for consistently quick and reliable performance. But where would you find this knowledge?
We decided to conduct our tests to evaluate HostGator’s performance. Let’s see how it did, shall we?
Speed is the most significant performance indicator. Your users will appreciate a speedier website and benefit from your SEO positioning. To conduct the tests, we used Pingdom’s website performance testing tool. These are the outcomes.
As you’ve seen, the website loaded in 1.94 seconds, which is neither fantastic nor bad but should be improved since studies claim that a delay of one second in page load time results in a loss of seven percent in conversions, eleven percent in page views, and sixteen percent in user satisfaction.
Our tests only supported HostGator’s 99.99 percent uptime guarantee, which we previously announced.
- Response Time
Your website’s content has a big impact on how quickly pages load. For instance, the time it takes for a page to load will rise if your website contains many photographs.
We utilized a tool called Bitcatcha, which measures the server’s response time to see how quickly the HostGator server responds.
Here are the results of these tests for HostGator.
HostGator’s website had excellent performance. Less than a second passed before the server responded. This outcome suggests that your website will load rapidly in all countries.
Several hosting packages are available from HostGator. Shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and dedicated hosting are part of their programs. In addition, they provide hosting for other website and app-building platforms.
However, shared hosting is their primary service, and this is where the majority of users start. So, let’s look at these packages that HostGator is offering.
HostGator Shared Hosting
Three levels of shared hosting are available from HostGator. According to their usage conditions, all subscriptions include limitless bandwidth and storage. The number of websites you can host is the primary distinction.
- You are only permitted to host one website with Hatchling. It has a typical feature set and a one-click WordPress installer.
- You can host an unlimited number of domains and subdomains with Baby. All of the Hatchling plan’s features are included, plus you may add on extras like private SSL
- Business: This plan is suitable for websites for small businesses. This package is excellent for launching an e-commerce website and comes with limitless websites, email, dedicated IP addresses, and SEO tools.
In addition to shared web hosting services, they also provide a HostGator website builder. VPS and dedicated hosting using Linux and Windows servers are available as additional services.
HostGator Customer Support
One of the greatest customer support teams in the business is provided by HostGator. The support staff is available to customers by phone, live chat, and email support tickets.
You can use a knowledge base in place of live chat or phone help. On just about any subject imaginable, HostGator has a ton of materials and even videos. Finding what you need is simply because of the well-kept organization of everything. Or you can type something in the top search bar.
HostGator offers top-notch customer service and a comprehensive knowledge base with video lessons. That’s great if you learn best visually.
HostGator typically has a simple approach to security. The absolute necessities, such as SSL and a server-level firewall, are provided. Knowing that all plans contain SSL certificates is a good place to start. A server-level firewall shielding your website from unauthorized or malicious traffic is also included.
So far, so good, but every additional security measure you might wish to put up will be more expensive. And HostGator offers a sizable list.
- Upgrade to positive SSL for $39.99 per year. Although it appears to be a requirement in the checkout cart, reading the small print will reveal that it is only an upgrade, and a free SSL is already included. The Business plan will grant you access to this update without charge.
- SiteLock Essentials is not exactly inexpensive at $23.88/year. It looks for viruses and indications of hacking on your website.
- It’s quite awful that automatic backups cost $23.95 a year. Anytime a problem arises, knowing that you can easily fix it with a single click offers you a certain amount of comfort. Therefore, you must pay to obtain that peace of mind.
HostGator is notoriously greedy when it comes to security; it is a fact. All features other than the most basic ones are paid for separately.
You’ll do well with HostGator if you’re seeking a trustworthy, economical, open hosting provider for your website. HostGator’s hosting packages are available to suit all needs and requirements.
They provide all the easy-to-use tools required to develop a website and are reliable hosts.
FAQs For HostGator Review
Is HostGator reliable?
Yes, in terms of performance, it is up more than 99.99 percent of the time.
What is the money-back guarantee from HostGator?
For first-time customers, HostGator offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Is HostGator secure?
HostGator addresses security fundamentals by providing a server-level firewall and a free SSL certificate. Any further security measures will cost you money.
Is HostGator a suitable choice for novices?
Yes, HostGator is incredibly user-friendly for beginners. To entice new users, the host provides all-inclusive packages and control panels that are easy to use.